Oh how I love the sweet things in life! I love cake as much as the next person, and I do love it when I can opt for healthy alternatives when I eat these foods.
Why is this important to me? Because through experience I have learnt that making a few changes in my life for the better, I can make a whole lot of difference to the way I feel….
Why is feeling good important to me? So I have more energy and be a better person, a better mum/wife/friend.
I could go on…why is being a better person important to me? Hmmm….getting deep now….so I can die happy with no regrets! I’ll stop there folks! Make small changes in your life and eat some good cake now and again.
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free self raising flour ( I use anything from coconut, buckwheat or tapioca and add 1 1/2 tsp baking soda)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 sulphite free raisins (optional)
Method (Really easy!!)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease bread pan.
- Mash bananas
- Whisk eggs and add to bananas with water/milk.
- Add flour and all remaining ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until goldne and firm (but springy to touch at the top).